The Steadicam Curve is a gimbal-based handheld stabilizer that has been specifically engineered and designed for GoPro HERO, HERO2, HERO3 and HERO3+ action cameras. It requires the LCD BacPac for proper balance and monitoring. Once properly balanced, the Steadicam Curve is designed to allow you to capture extremely smooth shots without restricting your range of movement.
The CURVE’s mechanical gimbal is designed to fully isolate the GoPro from handshake and vibration which helps reduce the motion-induced “jello effect” – wobbly, distorted video caused by the GoPro’s “rolling shutter” CMOS sensor.
The Steadicam Curve GoPro accessory is a scaled down version of its bigger sibling, the Merlin, its size and form-factor designed to be in keeping with the compact, dynamic nature of the GoPro camera. When not in use, the handle tucks away beneath the camera mount, locking to the frame. In this folded configuration the Curve acts as a handle allowing you tote the camera around and can even function as an alternative camera rig for those shots where a handheld look is desired without sacrificing the control a rig provides.
SteadiCam Curve Features
- Specifically designed and engineered for the GoPro HERO, HERO2, HERO3, HERO3+, HERO4 Black, and HERO4 Silver
- GoPro stabilizer gimbal, based on same technology as award-winning professional Steadicam© stabilizing systems used in Hollywood
- CURVE hand-held stabilizer lets you capture smooth, shake-free videos
- Lightweight durable aluminum frame
- Handle locks to frame to provide compact storage and portability
- Weighs only .55 lbs (.25kg)
- Easy-to-use with one hand
- Fine-tune knob for precise forward/back balance adjustment
- Counter-Balance weight for left/right balance adjustment
- Camera handgrip for easy portability or locked-in shots